Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my child old enough for a heritage tour? Most parents have an intuitive sense regarding whether or not their child is ready for a heritage tour. This is generally based on the assessment of your child's personality, temperament, and ability to cope with the stresses of travel. If you are not sure of your child's readiness, we are available to help you with this decision..
- How do I prepare my child for adoption issues that may arise during a heritage tour? Red Thread Tours & Services has resources to offer as well as an informative Travel Orientation Meeting that will cover much of this topic prior to travel. If you need to talk to a licensed professional we can refer you to caring and experienced practitioners.
- How does Red Thread Tours & Services offer economical trips without sacrificing the quality of our experience? Red Thread Tours & Services understands the unique desires of adoptive families and customizes trips to provide meaningful experiences for all family members. Each trip is designed and personalized for individual families and includes special activities, panels, and youth events.
- Sightseeing in China is always exciting, but how can we make the trip more of a family and adoption related event in addition to the touring highlights? With more than ten years of experience working with orphanages and officials in China, and as a Chinese native, Danling Cai has a unique understanding of Chinese adoption policies. Her experience with adoptive families assists her in explaining their desires and needs to decision makers in China. As a result of this, Danling has successfully assisted many families in learning more about their child's first months of life in the orphanage.
- Are meals and lodging included in the cost of the tour? All of the lodging and most of the meals for the 15 day trip are included in the cost of the tour. Red Thread Tours & Services will cover this information in more detail at the travel orientation.
- What if my family does not live in Minnesota? This is not a problem as all of our meetings are now held online. You may sit in the comfort of your own home, viewing our presentations on your computer and interacting with our staff real time. It makes the best use of your time and keeps the hassle of driving out of these important interactions.
- Will RTTS help me with the international flight ticket purchasing and the Visa application process? We understand that families prefer to use different airlines and some families would like to use their mileage for the trip. We respect your choices, and would be able to provide guidance and assistance in the areas of airfare and visa application, but the overall responsibility of completing these two items lies with the individual family.
Please feel free to contact us. We will answer any questions and help get you and your family better prepared for the trip. Red Thread Tours & Services works hard to offer you the highest quality level of service at the best possible price. It is this combination of valuable services and affordable/reasonable prices that has helped us build a great reputation.